Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blissful Things : Summer 2013 Edition

Wow, just realized I haven't been posting any Blissful Things lists since November last year! Without further ado, here goes the list, summer 2013 edition (from the far left, clockwise):

1. Dior Jelly Lip Pen in Carioca 636. This is from Dior Bird of Paradise Summer Look 2013 collection. Of all the chubby pens out there, I love this one the most. Moisturizing with a sheer color that surprisingly lasts (!).

2. Dejavu Fiberwig mascara. This is the so-called 'tubing' mascara that can't be removed by anything but warm water. Perfect for summer where skin tends to get more oily.

3. Fragile Eau de Toilette by Jean Paul Gaultier. A surprise appearance on this list considering this is considered as heavy fragrance for nighttime wear. The key is light hand when applying. Just two spritz will do or spray it onto the air and walk into the fume. It will leave you with the most delectable island smell because of the white flower base notes.

4. Diorsnow BB Creme SPF50 PA+++. Summer is not the time I want to have things piled on my face, nor do I want to spend that kind of time in front of the mirror. This product is like a tinted moisturizer, light enough but does a very decent job evening out skin tone. The SPF and PA levels seal the deal.

5. Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera. Described as rosy peachy pink on their US website, I'm not sure if this shade is still available in Singapore. Can't seem to find this shade at Sephora. There's a reason why Convertible Color is so popular. It's the creamiest cream blush I've ever tried but doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. On me, Gerbera turns out a beautiful soft pink, the peach tone seems to disappear into my olive skin.

6. Popsicles. Do you know that legally you cannot refer to the frozen sweet concoction on a stick as popsicle because the name is a registered trademark of Unilever? Don't believe me? Scroll down to the bottom of their website here. Legality aside, I can't wait to make my own this summer. Watch for the recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment