Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Blissful Things: January 2014
Fresh-off the New Year's festivities, I'd like to share with you some of the things that have been a delight to me so far. Clockwise from top left corner:
1. Persimmons. I had never eaten this super sweet fruit in my life until I was introduced to it last year, and I've embarked on a persimmon journey ever since.
2. Renew Hydrating Mist Toner. As I'm getting older, my skin has been experiencing bouts of dryness every now and then. This helps relieves the condition.
3. BBC's Sherlock and Orphan Black. Been indulging in these two series. I love watching Orphan Black for the artistic quality alone but the story, the acting, and the writing are brilliant as well. And yes, Sherlock lives! I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a Cumberbitch.
4. Victoria's Secret Candied Violet body spray. The scent is subtle, a bit powdery, and a great mid-day pick-me-up for a dull day in the office.
5. Dior Nail Glow. I'm lazy these lately so I'll just put this on for a polished look that is low maintenance.
6. Aesop Coriander Seed Body Cleanser. January for me, as with so many people, is a sobering time. This body wash smells just like crushed coriander seeds, herbal and earthy, perfect for sobering times.
7. Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation. Hands down the best instant cocoa there is! Smooth, creamy, not to sweet with a hint of saltiness. Just pop in a few marshmallow to complete the beverage, if you fancy.
8. Josie Maran Bearnaked wipes. As I said, I'm lazy. Sometimes when I get home, I don't always take off my makeup right away until well after midnight. This biodegradable wipes take care of this. I also love the refreshing citrus/orange scent, the only downside is that my skin can feel tight and dry after using this so I'd spray Renew Hydrating Mist Toner afterwards to combat this problem.