Here's what I usually cook for a weekday dinner:
STIR-FRY VEGGIES WITH SAUSAGE AND TEMPEH
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 broccoli, cut into florettes
1 cauliflower, cut into florettes
a small plate of baby corn
3 pcs of chicken franks, halved
2 pcs of tempeh, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
|You can prepare the ingredients ahead of time|
How to cook:
1. Preheat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the chicken franks and tempeh in high heat for 1 minute until the tempeh is golden brown and crispy on the outside. Set aside.
|Make a cross cut about an inch deep into the halved sausage so it'll 'bloom' when fried|
2. Pour another 1 tbsp of olive oil, let it heat up for a few seconds then toss the sliced carrots. Add 1/5 cup of water, stir fry for a few seconds then cover for 2 minutes in high heat.
3. Toss the rest of the veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn) into the pan, stir fry for a few second while adding salt and pepper then cover for 2 minutes.
4. Toss the sausages back in, reduce the heat to medium low and cover for 2 minutes.
|Don't toss back the tempeh before serving like I did! It kills the crispiness|
5. Place in a bowl then sprinkle the fried tempeh on top.
|Healthy big bowl of veggies, no carbs please!|
PS. I made a mistake by not adding the tempeh last, I tossed it back together with the sausages in step 4, instead. It made the tempeh lost its crispiness :(