Thursday, April 17, 2014

Breakfast @ P O D I

I usually avoid eateries in downtown Singapore like the plague, mostly because when I do have the time to visit these places, it'll be on the weekends. That means long queues, jam-packed restaurants, and overwhelmed service staff. Never mind that the food are sometimes mediocre and overpriced.

PODI is located in the heart of Raffles City. It managed to nab one of the coveted spots around the fountain so diners will be better shielded from the heavy-traffic area but still be able to enjoy the lively atmosphere. But even then, I never had the urge to eat there.

So, a few weeks ago I took a day off from work and found myself in the basement of Raffles City at 10.30am in the morning, my stomach growling like crazy. I've got a couple of hours to burn and so I walked into PODI. There were not so many people and the waitress happily let me sit in a table for 4 near the fountain. True to my style, I chose the one in the corner, the most secluded one.

To my delight, they have quite a selection for western-style breakfast. I can't remember what they are now but they've got the whole page dedicated to breakfast alone, and what's even better: they serve them all day! (even though for some reason, certain selection are only available up to 3pm).

Anyway, this is what I got:
The dish consists of 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of spinach loaf, a chicken sausage, a spiced sausage, several pieces of crunchy bacon, and a small amount of salad with tangy dressing.

I understand the spinach loaf is their specialty and it goes very well with the poached eggs.

Now, I'm really terrible at remembering prices but I think this one cost me about $18 incl tax and everything. It is not cheap but I personally think it's worth the occasional splurge. Just pace yourself and really enjoy the meal, just like I did with nothing but myself and a good old InStyle magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment