For you who doesn't know, syrup nails are when you layer one color on your nails but in varied depths across the nails (usually more intense towards the tips), resulting in an ombre / gradation effect that looks like syrup being poured, hence the name. The difference with ombre/gradation effect is that syrup nails are done using only one color, usually a jelly.
Here's the step-by-step:
1. Prep the nails (for me it's OPI's Nail Envy + Natural Base Coat)
2. Paint 1 coat of polish over 2/3 of your NAIL from the tip
3. Now paint a second coat over 2/3 of the PREVIOUS COAT from the tip
4. Repeat step 3 for the next 2 coats, each coat gradually gets shorter while working your way to the tip
5. Run 1 last coat, this time from the base all the way to the tip
6. Finish the look with a top coat
You can also play with syrup nails, for example you can play with the length of gradation, reverse the intensity by getting more intense to the base, or paint mattifying top coat over it for a more funky finish.
Happy Syruping! ^_^