Tuesday, July 24, 2012

NOTD - No More Waity Katie

A quick NOTD featuring No More Waity Katie by Butter London.
No More Waity Katie is red-based purple glitter in blue-grey jelly base. I was surprised to learn it was a jelly fom the pics because it looked opaque in real life.
It was one of those grey-blue/grey-purple mix that was really popular 2-3 years ago, but somehow the glitters in it keep it fresh.
Here's a somewhat confusing thing about the glitter, it can look blue or pinkish purple depending on the light and angle but for the most part, it looks predominantly silver.

In real life the color looks less blue, closer to how it looks under flash (above). I personally think it's a gorgeous neutral color despite it's unusual hue and the glitters. The glitters never look that sparkly, they just add dimensions to the color to prevent it from looking flat. I think serious professionals such as lawyers can even use it without risking looking too much like a fashionista.
I used 2 coats for all the pics and I am perplexed as to how it looks very sheer in all of these pics because it really looks opaque in real life. I love the brush, right length and fluffiness, easy to get a clean manicure. The formula however, can get a little clumpy after it's been exposed to air for some time.

Overall, this is one of my favorite colors to wear to the office. In fact, I have another color from Butter which is All Hail the Queen, another spiked neutral (review to come soon) that's also my favorite to wear to work. Both colors are subtle enough for the office yet they are somehow 'spiked' to prevent them from looking boring. Love, love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment